Best Languages For Application Domains?
This is just a list of languages that seem like they are useful to domain areas that I have interests in:
- Fortran (numerical modeling)
- Lisp (symbolic computing)
- C (hardware control / systems programming)
- Awk / Perl (text processing)
- Node.js (concurrency / web / network programming)
- Erlang (concurrency / distributed / network programming)
- Clojure (concurrency / symbolic programming)
Different Areas Of Computing:
- Numerical Programming
- Network Programming
- Hardware Interfacing and Control
- Symbolic Programming
- Logic Programming
Languages That Change The Way You Think
Game Engines To Lookup Later
- ContextFree.js ?
I’ve been looking at a book on Logo today. It’s been years since I did any Logo programming (I think it might have been my first experience with a programming language).
I think I’m going to continue to investigate this idea.